Last weekend we loaded up the car and headed to Chicago. Abby was pumped about Legoland, I couldn't wait for IKEA, Matt wanted Garrett's popcorn and
Jackson was excited to be able to explore a new place.
We started out by meeting one of my best friends from college, Julie, at Millennium Park downtown. She was standing outside of the law office that she works for holding a sign that said
"Millennium Park or bust!" The girl is crazy and I love her dearly.
We had a picnic and then headed to the fountain to splash around for a bit.
This sweet little girl wanted to play with the kiddos. I still have no idea where her mom or dad was this entire time, but it was kind of funny.
After playing in the park, seeing the bean and getting Garrett's popcorn,
we headed to the Lincoln Park Zoo.
We had never been there before, but it was AMAZING (and free). How can you argue with that?
We had never been there before, but it was AMAZING (and free). How can you argue with that?
The park surrounding the zoo is beautiful. I could have stayed all day and taken photos
(even though I'm sure it already looks like I did).
That night, we hit up the mall and the kiddos stayed up way past their bedtime.
Matt was in the market for some new sunglasses, so Abby decided that it would be fun to have Jax try on some as well. It was HILARIOUS!
The next morning, we hit up Legoland.
This place was mass chaos at it's finest. They supposedly only let so many people in every half hour. Well, those people don't ever have to leave, so when we got there at 12:30pm, it was BANANAS.
We should have known better on a Sunday afternoon, but the kiddos had a blast.
They constructed and destructed things, ran around and made new friends.
Jackson kept hiding in this tiny corner because he didn't want to play with this boy that kept throwing the blocks. It was hilarious. Check out his face peeking to see if he's still there!
We hit up a few stops after Legoland and on the way back, both kiddos were out.
We got lucky with the weather, as it was high 70s and we avoided the rain for the most part.
So long, Chicago. I'm sure we will be back next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment