This 4th of July weekend marked some awesome events!
Matt's sister Beth and her husband Gene welcomed their sweet baby boy Calvin just a couple of hours before the fireworks went off... literally.
Congrats to the new parents - we are so happy for you!
We hit up the parade in Bettendorf and Jax was sporting some sweet shades-
We stopped by our friend Anna's party and Jax seemed to love the red, white and blue decor.
Jackson was so excited for fireworks that he stayed up through them, after them and then pretty much the next day. I know that messing up a baby's schedule can be a nightmare to correct, but I think that there are some instances where exceptions need to be made to the otherwise normal rule.
This was one of those exceptions, but I'm still not sure if that exception was worth the risk.
Jax was afraid of the fireworks, and by afraid, I mean slightly terrified. It may have been that he was low on sleep, but he basically screamed through the entire display. All forty five minutes worth.
Matt and I were trying to keep him up and distracted so that we weren't "that family," but the fireworks were so loud that I think we were the only ones focused on his fussing.
(Please note that my dad is wearing a winter coat. It was FREEZING! Abby was bundled up and covered in a blanket, I had on my hood, zipped up to my chin and we all still had chattering teeth).
The sunset was pretty amazing and even though we just had the point and shoot,
we scored a couple of nice shots.
and somewhere in between all of the festivities, we managed to sneak off to Downtown Davenport so that we could get some photos and video of the flooding happening in the Quad Cities.
Matt was so excited to break out the helicopter/ drone and our awesome friend Taylor let us out onto the field at Modern Woodmen Park (Thanks, Tay!)
Matt was pumped when the local news ran his footage as part of a story, until the next day when he got a call from The Weather Channel. They were also interested in his footage and will be using it in an upcoming story and will have a link to it on their homepage. AWESOME!
Nice job, husband! We are so proud of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment