Stat Counter

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Sweet Family Tradition

Nothing signifies the arrival of the holidays like the smell of a fresh cut tree in our living room.
For the last five years, we have made a family tradition of cutting down our own Christmas tree.
I guess I should rephrase - 
We select the tree together, then Matt cuts it down as I watch from the sidelines.
We usually luck out with a nice warm(ish) day in the beginning of December, but not this year.
We had a super cold and windy day
 (and an active toddler with lots of energy running around and playing in both the snow and mud).
Take a walk down our Christmas tree memory lane with us.
Here we go.

2010
 
 
 
 
Don't judge the orange walls... it was in a four seasons room.

2011
 
  
 Our family photo that year 

2012
I was nearly nine months prego and about ready to pop. 
Literally.
  
See? I was big as a house.
 
 
 Voila!
Tree complete.
That year we had a very special Santa guest for Christmas.

2013
 
 
 As the guys cut down the tree and mommy takes photos, Jax tries to make his escape!
 
 
 
 

2014
This year was a bit different since he wasn't simply crawling and or starting to walk around a bit.
This kid was running from the time we got out of the car until we left the tree farm.
Oh, except for when he was playing in the mud. 
 
 
 
 
  
Finished product. 
This year we decided to do a little rearranging in the living room so that we could have the tree showcased in the front window. 
Can't wait until next year's tree hunt! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment