Stat Counter

Friday, January 23, 2015

A not so Merry Christmas

I know this post is SUPER outdated, but I'm just now getting around to getting caught up after we had a terrible ten days in December.  It started on the Sunday before the holiday when my friend Jen came in from Chicago for our Christmas gift exchange. She got in around six and we had a nice dinner. We got the kiddos to bed, chatted a bit and started opening presents.  I remember as I was watching Matt open his gift bag, I felt weird - dizzy, nauseous and weak.  I thought that maybe it was because I was up with Jax the night before, but after five minutes of feeling uncomfortable, it was like I got hit by a bus.  My "I hope I don't get sick while Jen is here" was replaced with "I don't know how I'm going to make it to the bathroom in time to vomit."  After repeatedly getting sick again and again, around 2am Matt took me to the Emergency Room.  We were there until sunrise and we then went home and I slept for 26 hours.  After losing eight pounds in three days, it took me about two weeks to feel normal again.  I've never been that sick in my entire life. Ever.
The worse news? 
Christmas morning Matt woke up at 4am with the same thing. 
What could make this worse?
When I got Jax up that morning, he had thrown up, so our house literally had gone viral.
We had to cancel Christmas dinner plans and Matt didn't get out of bed until the next day.
We were all knocked on our butts by this stomach virus until after the new year.
There wasn't a day where everyone was feeling well enough to even open gifts until after the new year (thank goodness that Jax isn't old enough to understand the whole Santa thing).
The silver linking of this is that the day before I initially got sick, we were able to have our Bishop Christmas celebration at Mom & Dad's house.
 Next year, all I'm asking Santa for is a healthy family for the holiday!
Speaking of Santa, this is as close to him as we got his year
 (and why does it look like Santa is sleeping in this photo?)
Jax wanted absolutely nothing to do with the man in the red suit.

Abby's kindergarten Christmas program
(She's the cutie second from the top left if you can't tell)












Jackson's new drum set




This one is my favorite. Papa taught Jackson how to "cheers."
He now does it whenever he has a drink.
Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment