Stat Counter

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day Photoshoot, 2015


All I wanted this mother's day was a good photo of my sweet boy and I.  Last fall we tried with many failed attempts to capture just one image.  This boy has way too much energy from sun up to sun down and sitting in one place is just not in his wheelhouse.  Last Friday we set out to have a picnic and take a few photos beforehand because I had driven by a beautiful field of dandelions that I thought would be an awesome backdrop.  Even though it started raining the second we got there, we managed to work through the sprinkles.  As soon as Jax was done with the shots including mommy (which was about three minutes) I grabbed the camera and shot away.  Don't let the photos fool you.  We were both soaking wet and muddy when the shoot was over.  We took Jax back to the car, took off his white pants (what on Earth was I thinking?) and threw them in the garbage at the park.  They were covered in mud, yellow dandelion and grass stains.  Even Clorox would have told me that there was no hope for those pants.  All in all, it was definitely worth it.  I got a few shots of Jax and I and a tun of him, running around and being his crazy self.

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all of the rockin' moms that I know!













raisin the roof - what, what?







2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your amazing photographer of a husband!! I would looooove pictures like this, but Craig breaks out in a sweat whenever I ask him to take a picture, help with me with pictures, or anything picture-related. I can't imagine trying to actually teach him HOW to take a photo in manual mode and then expect him to follow through...he'd probably divorce me. :) As always, I love the gorgeous photos! And I love the dandelion field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - You guys should come to the Quads this summer and we can do a family photo session exchange! There's always Mom & Dad's pool, the Family Museum, some good outdoor dining, Jax could play with the boys... I'm just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete