I I have been wanting to take Jax to the Galesburg Railroad Days since I
found out about it last minute in 2015. By then, it was too late to go
and have time to actually do anything, so when I found out the date, I
marked it off with red pen and labeled it a Mommy/ Jax day. Papa wanted
to come along, so we made it a fun morning/afternoon for the three of
us. We got there when they opened at 10am and stayed until around 2pm. We got to go through the museum, which Jax surprisingly enjoyed. We also got to tour six different train cars, a steam engine and an old fashioned passenger train where he was able to "drive" it with the conductor. Next up was a lemonade shakeup, a game of ducks and some rides at the carnival. You'd think that all of that excitement would tire a kid out, but not our little ball of energy. The entire way home, we sang songs and I answered the question "when can we go to the train show again?" about a hundred times. Don't worry, Galesburg Train Days, we will be back for you in 2017!





















No comments:
Post a Comment