It has been quite some time since our last post.
When you have a baby that is on the move one hundred percent of his waking hours, it's difficult to find time to do anything except keep a constant eye on them to ensure they are safe
and not getting into anything they shouldn't be.
We (I) do this blog for two reasons - #1 - to share our experiences (and Jackson's growth) with our friends and family that don't live near us and #2 - to chronicle our lives as a family. I wish that my parents would have been able to share their thoughts and our experiences like this while my sister and I were growing up, and although we have loads of photo albums, there isn't anything like this that we can go back and enjoy reading specifically, other than dates or locations scribbled on the backs of the photos. For that reason alone, I need to make more of an effort, even if it is at the end of a day when Jax is in bed, fast asleep.
I know I keep saying it, but he is growing so quickly. I see little baby onesies in the store and think back to when he was too small to fit into his newborn clothes. It's hard to wrap your head around how fast kids actually change, but at the same time, it's the most amazing thing ever. Our little guy is very mobile and constantly on the go, so much so that he has lost a pound since his last doctor visit. His nine month appointment went very well, with no concerns, except for the weight loss. We are taking him in tomorrow to ensure that he is now continuing to gain or at least reaching a stabilization point. His little tummy is slimming out and his turkey thighs are becoming little man legs. He pulls himself up on EVERYTHING, and if he had his way about it, he would be standing all of the time. His latest word is "gum," and we still hear "da-da" on a daily basis, but no "ma-ma" yet. Sigh.
The day will come.
We went to family day at the Davenport library and had lots of fun. Abby got to jump in the bouncy houses and get her face painted, and Jackson got to enjoy sitting on a fire engine. Luckily, he had his firefighter with him in the car, so he got to jump on board too.
Like I said before, this kid is on the move more than I can even describe. He had his first major fall (which left me more shaken up than him), but with a lot of luck, and perhaps a guardian angel, he came out of it with only a cut lip.
After a quick trip to the doctor to make sure he was okay,
Grandpa brought over a Superman costume, which he loved.
I think that the cape made me laugh harder than I should have.
My cousin Lori and her son Miah came over for dinner and some games last week. It was great to see Miah, who is serving in the Air Force and is currently stationed in North Carolina.
Gotta love family time!
I'll leave you with the last three weeks of Jackson's block milestone photos.
This has gotten much harder over the last few months as he wanted to play with them instead of get his picture taken. Last night was his 41 week birthday, and he decided to crawl onto the ottoman while we were trying to get a shot. Something tells me that this is only going to get harder with time...

















No comments:
Post a Comment