Stat Counter

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Jackson Quinn's 15 month update


We went to the doctor yesterday to check in for Jackson's fifteen month appointment.  Since this is his first appointment since has become so independent with walking and or running, it was a bit different than our previous visits.  Our doctor is a super cool guy and usually Jax will play with him but yesterday he wanted no part of it. 
Stethoscope? I don't think so.  
You want to check in my ears with what? Absolutely not.
That light in my eyes? Don't even consider it!
And now you want a high five? Uh... no.
 
We had told Scott (our doc) that he is abnormally strong and stubborn during the first part of the visit and he chuckled a bit. After trying to get Jackson to cooperate with his testing, he said "wow, you ARE a tough one."
We are happy to report that he is in perfect health.  As far as the baby scale goes, he weighed in at 27.8 pounds and he is 32" tall, putting him in the 50-75th percentile for height and the 90th percentile for weight.  
Keep on growing, Jax!

At fifteen months, Jax:
Loves to snuggle his stuffed animals - any and all of them
Sits in tiny places (between the chair and wall, in corners, etc.) when he gets tired
Loves carrying around a comb or brush and recently, he has actually mastered combing his own hair
Really enjoys brushing his teeth - for ten minutes at a time
Loves to read - but if it's not a board book, the pages are guaranteed to be gone in less than ten seconds. I guess this also means that he also likes to rip things.
Is still playing with his kitchen and play food a lot of the time. Yesterday, he microwaved me a police car and then brought it to me in a bowl.
Covers his eyes when we say "Where is Jackson?"
Points to things and says "What is this?" or "What is that?" all of the time
Loves to watch out the window when our neighbor's dogs are outside
Still hates diaper changes and getting dressed
Covers his ears when we say "earmuffs"
Tries to put on his own socks and shoes by placing them carefully on top of his feet
Loves to help me with the laundry, and by help, I mean take it all out of the basket as I fold it or after I have finished folding it 

  
We were lucky enough to have a day last week that made it into the 50's.  I thought it would be a great idea to get him some fresh air, so we called Grandpa to see if he wanted to go to the park with us.  Once we got there, we realized that the wind made it a bit cooler than we thought it would be, but we stayed and played for a bit anyway.  At first, all he wanted to do was go down the slide, but then he got on the teeter totter (with Grandpa's assistance) and made a friend named Elizabeth.  He soon tired of this and then made his big discovery of the week - STICKS! He is all boy when it comes to playing outside - he wanted to be in the dirt and playing with sticks, mud, grass - you name it.  I was trying to take photos of this while it was happening and my dad was running around chasing him all over the park.  We can't wait until it warms up for good so we can make going to the park a daily ritual.  
The sad part, if you haven't read about it, is that about a mile away from our house is Milennium Park.  This week a two year old was cut as a result of the many razor blades that they found glued to the children's equipment.  I CANNOT, under any circumstance, believe that someone would intentionally hurt little kids. It breaks my heart and makes me scared to take him anywhere. I'm sure I'll get over that, but you can place a bet that I'm going to go over every piece of equipment (and the surrounding area) for safety before I let him loose from now on.  I hope that they find the creep(s) that did this and punish them to the fullest extent of the law.
Stepping away from my bitterness on that situation, here are some photos of a boy and his stick
(and yes, I was very careful/anxious about him playing with a stick, especially one so long. My dad was on baby duty while I was taking these photos).
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment