Stat Counter

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Florida Beach Shots

Whew, I just went through the 1,907 photos that we took in Florida - no exaggeration. 
Nearly 2,000 photos in one week - that's a bit excessive even for me, but it was Jackson's first vacation to the beach, so that's how I'm justifying it.  After weeding through most of them and editing it down, I'm left with 350+ for a scrapbook.
Because it's hard to find the time to do any blog posts with Jax being the most mobile child on the planet (in my head anyway) coupled with the fact that he is now climbing on things, I have to keep a very close eye on him. All of the time.  Within the past week, he has scored a stomach bug, a cold and a split lip that makes him look like he's taken up Ultimate fighting in his spare time. 
Getting to the point, I'm going to do a few blog posts by topic so that I can actually get them completed, mostly during his nap or after 7pm when he is fast asleep in his crib... until he learns how to climb out of it.  
Just kidding, Jax, it's impossible to climb out of a crib, don't listen to silly mommy! (wink, wink)
I'm starting with beach pics. I knew from the moment we booked our flight that I wanted to get some photos of my little bug on the beach, but I got so many that I don't even know where to start in posting them.  One day we were killing time on the beach waiting to pick my dad up from fishing and another day, we got up early and took some shots purposefully.  As irony would have it, we got better shots when we weren't trying, but hey, they are some of my favorite photographs that have been taken since he was born, so I'm not complaining.

Below are shots from Indian Rocks / Redington Beach where we were hanging out waiting for Grandpa to finish up his first fishing excursion.
The first are some shots of Jax that I took as Matt was parking. 
  
 
Next, I captured some Daddy & Jax moments:
 
then some of my little buddy discovering the ocean for the very first time:

Matt then took some amazing photos of Jax and I. The bummer this day was that the wind was so strong that it would have blown our camera over within two seconds of putting it on a tripod, so there are no shots of the three of us or of just Matt and I. 
However, I am IN LOVE with the first one below. I love my little man oh so much!

 

Next are the ones that we got up to purposefully get. Matt wasn't too into being in front of the camera, so if I wasn't snapping shots of Jax, he was getting some of Jax and I.
 
 
  
And, finally, the beach shots of Jackson Quinn.
Priceless.

 
 
 
Next up? Clearwater Beach!

1 comment: