Stat Counter

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

We're moving!


So my last post was from the day we listed our house.
Fast forward five weeks and we are packing up our final boxes.
About fifteen minutes after we posted our house on Facebook, as well as another fsbo site, we got a call from a mutual acquaintance that wanted to come and take a look with his wife.  We showed it to a few people within the first 24 hours and then got our first formal offer, which we accepted.  

Whew.
Talk about a whirlwind.
What went from "let's list our house, just to see if we get a bite on it," turned into "we're moving" in a matter of days.

I had forgotten how crazy buying/selling a house can be, and add a toddler to the mix and it doubles the craziness.  The one thing we are thankful for is that our home sold quickly.  Because Jax is a high energy boy that is in perpetual motion, it would have been tough to keep the house in tip top showing condition 24-7.

We close on our "forever home" on March 31st and move on April 1st.  I am already waiting for the April Fools Day jokes to begin, just hopefully not from our friends who have agreed to help us schlep all of our belongings from one house to the next. 

We have already started planning some major renovations / redecorating ideas and I think that will keep us busy for the next, say, five years.  I have been blowing up my Pinterest board with new ideas, room by room (thank you Taylor and Kimmi for making me jump aboard the Pinterest bus).  I am planning on blogging about each room / area of the new house as we redo it, so there will be many more photos to come.  I always plan on taking before and after photos whenever we redecorate, but never actually do it the way that had planned and when we are in the middle of painting say, the second wall in the room and everything is moved out for the re-do, it hits me - I forgot to take a "before" shot.  I really want to do this for us, but also for Jax & Abby, so when they get bigger, they can look back on what our house looked like pre-renovation.

Cheers to a new chapter in our lives and our new house that we will make into a home!

No comments:

Post a Comment