It is so hard to believe that our little munchkin is two and a half years old.
Because Jackson was born the week of Christmas, we have decided to celebrate his birthday in the summer when he reaches the half year point. This year the poor kid got cheated a little because we were still knee deep in house projects and didn't feel comfortable hosting a party at our place with half of the trim in the foyer primed and the walls covered with spackle.
We took Jax & Abby to the Jungle Bungle for games, pizza, ice cream and fun and then came home to open his presents. Next year, I promise, we will have a normal kid party with all of the trimmings. Do kid's parties have trimmings? Probably not, but you get the idea.
I am in love with the above image showing his growth over the past two years and kudos to the chair Matt sawed the legs off of and I painted that we scored from a garage sale for a buck. Poor Jax is going to have to get his annual photo taken in that chair every June 19th until he's 18. Hopefully he has the same sense of humor as Matt and I, in which case he will have no problem rolling with Mommy's crazy idea.
Some notable Jax likes/dislikes/traits as of late:
Likes:
Playing outside.
Talking. Talking. Talking. Did I mention talking? This kid talks all of the time. We haven't hit the "why" stage yet, but we're waiting...
Running around 24-7 unless he's sleeping
His stuffed animals including: Puppy, Ralphie and his kitties named "two" and "three"
Sleeping with something over his face. Usually it's a throw pillow, but if he has nothing within arms reach, he covers his face with a book or his own hands (see below).
Likes (continued)
Two words: Water table.
Popscicles (or as he calls them "bagel-sils"
Macy (his four year old girlfriend)
Cars, trucks, tractors - anything with wheels
Going to garage sales to get "new treasures"
Loves being "wif you"
Snuggling in mama's bed at night while reading books
Yelling and then saying "Mama, no yelling"
Trying to feed all of the neighborhood dogs inanimate objects (i.e. sidewalk chalk, rocks, truck wheels - you name it).
Playing on the "forch" (porch)
Going to the park, but not playing on the equipment, more like running around and playing in the dirt
Digging. Everything. Everywhere. Including his dinner. With his hands. In the shape of diggers.
Throwing things. After he throws something, he immediately puts himself in a time out.
M&Ms, jelly beans and suckers
Helping mommy in the kitchen
Lining up all of his trucks on the ottoman, table, window seat - you name it
Carrying 6-10 things in his hands at once. This has always been his comfort "thing" since he was born. He never liked pacifiers and never sucked his thumb, but he had to have something in his hands to calm down and fall asleep.
Going to the store and saying hello to everyone he sees
Doing exercises. I do an ab routine every day and I get out my yoga mat and my weights.
Now he gets out his weights (my old walking hand weights) and he mimics every move I do. My favorite is when he is doing plank pikes. Hilarious.
Throwing rocks
Dislikes:
Teething. Come on molars, just come in already.
Eating. Mr. "I eat anything" has now decided he only likes certain and very specific things
(mac and cheese, spoons full of peanut butter, milk, cheese, all fruits, green beans, meatloaf, spaghetti and nutella sandwiches).
Being told no.
Having to come inside after playing in the front yard / driveway.
When mommy sings. I know I don't have a good voice, but he will literally start crying when I sing after screaming "no, no, no."
Sitting still.
Having bare feet. He absolutely goes into tantrum mode if he loses a shoe or a sock
Traits/funny things:
He is very polite and uses more manners than most adults.
He says please and thank you to everyone (including people at the drive thru as he is screaming "thank you" out the window as I'm driving away).
He isn't shy anymore - he will talk to basically anyone (which may or may not be a good thing)
His personality is absolutely hilarious. If we ask him to make a sad face, he does this thing with his eyebrows that makes me laugh out loud.
He is so stubborn.
He likes getting his hair cut and asks a few times a week if we can go cut his hair...?
Nicknames:
Jax, Munchkin, Nug, Bug, Brother, Smincher, Miniature man
Here are some images of our sweet boy.
I don't know where he's going, but wherever it is, I hope it doesn't have a "no shirt, no shoes" policy.
post hair cut. When we left the salon he said to the ladies "bye, bye hot chicks" and proceeded to blow them kisses. We can officially no longer leave him in the care of our friend Paul. He teaches him the craziest things.
Awe, you're probably thinking what a sweet photo this is with Jax shopping at the grocery store.
Don't buy it. This was complete hell. He wanted to push the cart, it kept falling over. He didn't want to push the cart, so I'd start to take it back, he would melt down. Oh, terrible twos, how I love you so.
The photos below are from his 1/2 bday lunch. The kid loves arcade games, rides. pizza and fro yo, so although he didn't have a big party, rest assured, he could have cared less.
Skee ball champion of the world!
His new water table (and you're not seeing things. He played with it for 45 minutes with no water in it. He absolutely loves this thing.)
His digger. This will go in our sandbox creation that Matt plans on building,
but until then, he digs trucks.
Love you, bug!



No comments:
Post a Comment