I cannot believe that 36 months have passed since the 36 hours of labor that we endured to welcome you into the world. I remember the exact moment that I heard your first little cry and saw your sweet tiny face. I was immediately overcome with the feeling that I'd heard about from moms since I was little in that you will truly never know a love this sweet. I instantly fell in love with you in that very moment and promise to hold onto that unconditional love forever.
Fast forward three years and I could not be more proud of you and excited to be your momma. You are the most energy filled little man I've ever seen but you are so sweet and have the best set of little toddler guy manners. You are so much fun to be around now because not only do we have conversations, but we have conversations all of the time. As in you never stop talking. We're working on that and you even put yourself into a time out last week when Papa was over and you interrupted us.
Below are some of your hilarious characteristics- your likes, dislikes and funny habits so that we can remember these for years to come. I love you, JQ!
You hate when I put gel in your hair, but think that the words "hair gel" are hilarious.
You are into Paw Patrol, Olivia and Handy Manny. You honestly don't care too much about watching TV at all, but occasionally I can get you to watch a show while I cook dinner or edit something on a deadline.
You are obsessed with cleaning, specifically playing in the island sink in the kitchen with Bath and Body foam soap. You will literally stay there for an hour with a washcloth, scrubbing each and every one of your matchbox cars until they are sparkling.
York Peppermint Patties are your favorite candy and you call them "mint pouties."
You have to take your two stuffed puppies with you everywhere. You got Mr. Puppy when you were just a baby and I foolishly thought that you would love a new and clean one just like it to replace the grungy old one you have been carrying around. Wrongola, mommy! You named the new puppy "Senor puppy" and now have two best friends. I love to watch you snuggling them when you are sleeping - so sweet!
You absolutely fell in love with Santa this year. Last year you wanted nothing to do with the guy in the red suit, but this year you wouldn't stop talking (to the point where Santa was laughing out loud) and then ran back to give the jolly old guy a hug and a fist pump. You told him about how you wanted a cleaning set for Christmas and after getting past his laughter yet again, he took off his gloves to show you that he, too, has dishpan hands because Mrs. Claus doesn't like to do dishes. On the way home from the mall, you claimed that Mr. Claus was your best friend forever. Absolutely priceless.
Out of the blue, you started calling me "mom." Not all of the time, but occasionaly, and every time I hear it, it catches me off guard. Like you're a twelve year old.
You know all of your letters and numbers by recognition and can spell your name (most of the time).
Literally one day last week you started coloring inside of the lines. I don't know how or why this happened, but it's pretty awesome. Combine this with your love of music and I think you're going to be an artistic little dude. (I really don't think you had a choice in the matter if you combine your daddy + mommy's artistic ways). Shout out to Crayola washable markers - we couldn't live without you.
Speaking of music, the other day we were driving in the car and although you like to dance to music, you've never had a favorite song (other than the wheels on the bus or ring around the rosie - You sing those songs 24 hours a day). Anyway, we were listening to the radio and you said "Mommy, I really like that song, can we listen to it again?" It was One Republic, The Good Life. Now, every time we are in the car, you ask to listen to your favorite song, again and again.
You love to use the term "lasternight" that you made up to describe anything we've done previously. This doesn't specifically have to do with the day before, it could be weeks ago, but it definitely happened "lasternight."
When you do something that's pretty bad on the nugget scale of discipline, you come over to me, tell me about it and then put yourself into a time out. Hilarious.
This year you have fallen in love with Geotrax trains. They don't make these awesome and easily constructable trains any longer, but we have scored a few sets at the second hand kids store and you love playing them. You're really good with sharing 99% of your toys, but you won't even let anyone close to your trains. No way, no day.
You say your prayers every night "God is good, God is great, Please watch over my family tonight," and then you go into blessing everyone and thing that you are thinking about.
You love your babysitter Hailey and we are so happy to have found her! She is the granddaughter of our new neighbors and only lives a street away. She makes the prayer list on a regular basis.
I cannot believe how lucky I am to be your momma and I cannot wait to watch you grow. I love you more than I can put into words and am so thankful to have you as my sidekick. You're pretty awesome, little guy.
xoxo,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment