Stat Counter

Monday, May 30, 2016

San Antonio, get ready for the Bishops!


When Matt got a call that he had a potential job in Texas, I sarcastically said "if it's by San Antonio, can I come with you?"  I mean what are the chances?  Texas is a HUGE state and so that entire statement of mine was a joke...until he found out that the job was in Floresville and he would be staying in San Antonio while he was there.  I was SO excited that he needed a lovely assistant so that I could revisit the place that I called home after college.  

Yes, we did work while we were there, but we also took advantage of every toddler free minute that we had.  This was the first time that we had ever been away from home without Jax since he was born and we made the most of it.  We got to spend time with some amazing friends/ second family of mine, do some shopping & sightseeing and then go on a historical ghost tour of San Antonio (where it was 40 degrees.  In San Antonio.  In the Spring.  Not cool, Mother Nature, not cool).


Here are a few of my favorite images from the trip!  We hope to go back soon with Jax so that he can see Grandma Jane & family.  xoxo


First up?  Dinner with the Texas family- Love these faces!




Our first trip to the Japanese Tea Gardens with Bill & Jane



Matt was in charge of Mama Jane's purse during their photo session since we were walking all over the place - Thank goodness it coordinated with his outfit! :)




There may be some trouble brewing, Matt...


One of our interview setups at the hospital 

Our date night 

El Mercado, downtown San Antonio 





What is a trip to San Antonio without stopping in for a Whataburger? 


Our traditional tourist t vacation pic

 I mean, why not take a carriage ride around downtown San Antonio?
Our tour guide didn't have her facts straight (at all) but she did inform us that San Antonio is the most visited city in the United States... 



 Last day selfies in the park before heading to the airport

An accidental cactus bump = no bueno

No comments:

Post a Comment