The fact that summer has nearly come and gone already seems crazy to me.
Gone are the days where you can walk out in the morning and have that warm summer air engulf you. I went out on Saturday morning to run an errand and since we have an attached garage, didn't realize until I had reached my destination that it was actually chilly. Jax was wearing shorts and a sleeveless shirt and I was in a sundress. Until that point, I hadn't had to think about what the weather would be like to pick out our clothes for the day since spring. Unfortunately, we were at an outdoor market and had to pack up and leave early because I was unprepared for the first morning of autumn air. Luckily, the weekend turned around and was warm enough to enjoy some last days of summer sun and pool time at Grandma and Grandpa's.
Because we spend so much time outdoors enjoying our warm months in Illinois, the blog hasn't been at the top of our priority list. Spending my indoor time working at the computer makes it the last thing I want to do when the kiddos are in bed and all is well for the night.
That being said, this post will be a cliffsnotes version of the last month
or so of the Bishop family summer.
A visit from Jnon
My roomie from college came for a visit and we packed as much as possible into the
24 hours she was here. Abby made her a necklace and we dressed up in these square dancing outfits for a backyard photo op. Love this girl.
Jax and his affinity for sunglasses
This one doesn't have a ton to go with it, the photos pretty much speak for themselves.
(Even momma's sunglasses aren't off limits)
Hangin' at the park
This kid has hit the terrible twos before his second birthday, that's for sure.
He's been sick for the last couple of weeks, which doesn't help, but this newfound independence (and stubornness) has given us a parenting challenge.
To keep what we do varied, I take him to the park all of the time.
Here are a few of my favorite snaps from our mornings outside:
(He usually hangs out with the flowers or running around in the grass picking up sticks and mulch instead of playing on the equipment)
The kiddos
Just a few of my favorite photos of Abby & Jax
Meet puppy. His official name is "Bobo" but usually Jax tells us he wants him by woofing.
This dog goes everywhere with us.
Abby usually uses her quiet time to glam up. She came downstairs and I thought she had a high grade fever, but it turns out that she just got into the blush in her dress up kit. Oh my!
This is Jackson's favorite part of the Family Museum.
We check in at the front and he runs to the fire truck.
Every. Single. Time.
Okay, so we went to the Labor Day Parade. Apparently because it was supposed to rain, no one else showed up. Abby was picking up candy quicker than we could put into bags, it was hilarious. We brought it home and couldn't believe all of that sugar that she scored.
Here's a photo that shows it all:
Wow.
Anything and everything is a phone to this kid.
This morning, he just so happened to be taking a very important call on his mustang.
Nice.
Pool fun at Grandma & Grandpa's
It's no secret that it hasn't been the best summer for boating and swimming, but Grandma and Grandpa's pool offers a vacation retreat when the sun is shining.
Grandma & Grandpa with all of their grandbabies
I got to snuggle baby Cal during a family day at the pool. Bonus: I didn't even get spit up on!
Jax, rockin the fedora
And last but not least, the best photo that I was able to get of the kiddos together.
This is no easy task these days, let me tell you.
This is no easy task these days, let me tell you.
Happy September, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment