Stat Counter

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Our amazing kiddos

I used to always hear people say that time flies, but once you have kids, 
that statement couldn't be more true.  
I can't believe that Abby is almost six and Jax will have his second birthday in three months.   
Time certainly does fly.
They love each other so much and get along well, which we are very thankful for.
Abby has been a great big sister, drawing pictures for Jackson and teaching him new words
 (and letting him continue to use her Barbie RV as a chair)...
The other day, wherever Abby went, Jax plopped down in her lap.
If you have been around this kid at all, you know that he is not a lap sitter, 
or a sitter at all for that matter, so this just shows how much he loves being around his big sis.
We stopped by a park, not knowing that they had installed huge chairs, but they had fun running around and sitting in them.
  

Abby
Kindergarten has brought about a world of wonderful traits in Abby.
She is learning all sorts of things - more reading, writing & art skills, songs & activities in P.E. class and most importantly, learning how to fill other's buckets.
I thought this was an awesome thing for a kindergarten class to learn about and she has been trying to
"fill buckets" since it started. 
The premise is that you use manners, are always polite, say nice things to people and help out even when you aren't asked to do so.  Awesome program!  Thanks, Miss Runkle!
This marks Abby's second Super Behavior award she has come home with!
Great job, girlfriend!
I've been fighting a cold for the last week or so and Abby drew this amazing chalk drawing of her and I, skipping and dancing together amongst the clouds and sun to make me feel better.  Love it!
  
We made Paper Plate necklaces for each other and then made one for our neighbor, Nancy.
She loved it and wore it all night long.  Great job, Ab!

We now interrupt this blog post for a selfie taken by Matt:
 Jax
This little pumpkin has started saying please (or peas) when he wants something, which absolutely melts my heart.  This photo above was taken when I was on a shoot and Matt was putting him to bed.  This is what you get when you ask him to smile. Hilarious. 
 
  
Another trip to the family museum, another worn out boy.
He literally fell asleep while eating his fruit bar and slept with 
his hand over his eyes until we got home.
 
  
I took him to the John Deere Pavilion the other day and he was in heaven.
If he said "tractor" once while we were there, he said it a thousand times. 
The volunteers that were working had so much fun watching him run around from tractor to combine, literally squealing with delight. 
 
 We had rice sensory play, which kept him busy for over thirty minutes.
I have never loved rice so much in my entire life.
Being Swedish, when I saw this outfit at a consignment sale when Jax was just an infant, I scooped it up. It is technically size 3T, but since we have a super sized toddler, I put it on him when we had a warm day this week, not knowing if he would fit into it next year. 

Boys vs. Girls
Last thought of the day-
How on Earth can boys be so different than girls?
We've seen it in a million instances since Jax came into the world, but this one was hilarious.
Abby loved this little scooter car when she was between 2 & 3 years old. She used to ride around the house on it delicately and would use it in the driveway and would have a blast.  Two years of use and not even a scatch on it.
We got it down from the attic for Jax to play with.
Within minutes, he had it on it's back end and had already taken stickers off of it.
By the next day, a part of the scooter was missing.
Boys will be boys.
 
We love both of you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment