Yes, I know how ridiculous it is that I'm writing a 4th of July post mid to late September. I get it.
However, the 4th of July is always an exciting time!
First up was the annual 4th of July party (held on the 3rd of July) that our friends Anna & Ted host. Anna is a party planner extraordinaire - She's like Pinterest on steroids or something. She goes all out. This year they had a bouncy house that was ri-dic-u-lous-ly awesome, sand treasure hunting, temporary tattoos, and she even spray painted their grass red, white and blue in areas. The kiddos always have a blast and we get worn out from chasing them around. All in all, it's always a great time with good friends enjoying some yummy food. Can't wait for next year, Annif!
These family snaps were taken right before we headed off to the DeMeuleneare's to get our party on!
At the party, Jax and I were on our way down to do some digging in the sand...
while Abby was non stop playing on the three story bouncy house and slide that they had set up in their yard.
Later, Jackson can be seen riding Callie's very masculine barbie 4x4
and celebrating his patriotism by standing in front of the same flag bunting that I take his photo in front of every year.
Check out last years image in the same spot:
How the little man has grown. Wow.
Here are the kiddos and their respective best friends
(Abby & Callie, Macy & Jax)
(Abby & Callie, Macy & Jax)
Next up was Cal's first birthday party in Cedar Rapids on the 4th.
We loved watching Cal eat his cake, open his presents & play with his new toys and .
It was great to see all of the fam and get to hang out before heading home for the fireworks.
Jackson had a blast with the balloons at the end of the party. Hilarious!
That night we went to see the fireworks and had a chilly night for it. I kept wishing I had brought a coat and ended up wrapped in the blanket that we brought to sit on. (Come on, it was July 4th!)
Happy (very belated) July 4th everyone!
Also, shout out to my bestie, Jen, who shares Cal's patriotic birthday.
Love you both!





















No comments:
Post a Comment