When I think back to December of last year, my thoughts immediately go to one of the scariest parental moments that we've had.
Looking back now, it still seems very raw and scary, but we are so glad that our strong little guy pulled through everything, but I've never been so worried or scared in my entire life. More to come on that in a bit.
Looking back now, it still seems very raw and scary, but we are so glad that our strong little guy pulled through everything, but I've never been so worried or scared in my entire life. More to come on that in a bit.
We saw our first snow fall and Jackson & Abby had a blast outside making snowmen and playing with bulldozers.
Jax went to the dentist for his first visit and had great news - no cavities. His doctor told him to keep up the good brushing and to come back in six months. He got some cool prizes for being such a good boy and actually liked the visit - that went way better than we could have ever imagined.
Matt had a trip planned to Omaha to do work for the Farmer's Business Network and while he was out of town, Jax got sicker than he had ever been. He spiked a 106 degree fever and it stayed there for five days. After more trips to the doctor, the hospital for tests and the Emergency room than I can count, he was diagnosed with croup along with two other viruses all at the same time. After our second trip to the ER in the middle of the night, the doctor gave him a dose of steroids and he began to get better. Because his little body hadn't been exposed to a ton of germs since he stays home with me, preschool has been a rough time and this was the worst of all by far.
The poor little guy had no energy, a constant fever and cried for ten days straight asking me to make him feel better. I was literally praying all night long for a week straight that he would be okay. I've never been so scared about anything in my entire life and had a lot of talks with Jesus about helping my little guy out. Our prayers were answered, but not quickly. It took Jax two full weeks to bounce back and through it all, he missed his preschool Christmas program, his birthday and Christmas. Through breathing treatments, fever seizures, ice baths, the little guy always had a smile, even through his tears. At one point when he was sick, he told me that Grandma Jenny had come to visit him from heaven and told him that he was going to feel better. I think I cried for an hour when he told me that and then knew that he would be okay. Parenting is not easy, but going through something potentially life threatening was absolutely the hardest time of my life. So glad that he is back to his crazy energetic self!!
Love you, buddy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment