Stat Counter

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Preparing for Christmas

Every year, we cut down our Christmas tree - it's a tradition that Matt and I started long ago.
This year, we hit up a new Christmas Tree farm on a warm (but super windy) day.  Jax brought his Home Depot kid's play chainsaw to help with the dirty work and boy did it help out!  :)

 

After a walk around, we spotted the perfect tree.  With Papa's pickup truck help, we loaded it up and headed home to begin the holiday decorations!






We then took the kiddos on our annual Christmas tree ornament search.  They each get to pick out one ornament for that year and those get put front and center on our Christmas tree.  We write the date on each so that we can remember who chose what year after year.  Love this tradition!

I took Jax to the Festival of Trees where we got to look at hundreds of trees, play games, eat some yummy treats and he even got to drive a train!  It is such a fun Quad City tradition - I used to come with my momma and now I get to bring our little ones.  



Last but not least is the decorating of our tree that lights up the front of our house.  Jackson was a big help this year and loved putting the balls on the tree and then standing back and admiring his handiwork.  
Before

 During
 After

Up next?  Christmas festivities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment