Stat Counter

Monday, June 30, 2014

Jackson's little antics

 Since Jackson is now a fully functioning toddler, he is always getting into something. 
Even though we have the house completely baby proofed, and when on the main level, 
he is usually stuck in the great room with me, 
when able to run around the living room and kitchen, it's like a field trip.
So, just imagine all of the non-hazardous mischief he can get into.
Sometimes his actions come coupled with a loud and stern "no!"
 (trying to touch the stove, running toward the street, you get the picture).
Other times, my response is one where I just stand there and smile, 
often after he has gone to bed and has no idea that I'm just finding his latest creation.
I recently started taking photos of moments like these, because they absolutely make me smile from ear to ear and I want to remember them down the road.

Here we go:
This was the first one I took a photo of. Why wouldn't there be a can of soup in the plastic baggie drawer?  He is obsessed with watching the lazy susan of canned goods go around and around, and now he likes to put them in random places... that I find days later.

This is one of his favorites.
 He puts a candle on top of the large vase we have in the living room.  Daily.

This one actually happened at Grandpa's house.  He loves carrying around the plastic fruit
that Grandpa has and most recently, has found that the banana likes to hang out in the glass basket in his front room.  This too, is a pretty common occurrence.  

This one caught me by surprise.  I was getting ready to paint my nails and voila -
 there's Thomas the train.   I had no idea how he did this one, since my nail polish basket sits about five feet high on a shelf, in the locked medicine / linen closet. I then realized that the last time I trimmed his nails, I had gotten his clippers from this basket and probably had it on the floor for a total of a minute. 
This kid works fast. 

Why wouldn't there be dump truck in Matt's bathroom drawer?

Since he is obsessed with cars, he apparently wanted to get all of them and
 put them on top of his toy shelf. Every. Single. One. 

Then the cars made their way to mommy's desk...

 I made this one larger so that you can actually see what he's doing.
He is using mommy's earplugs to go down his batman little people race track. 
 Apparently, earplugs move just as well as cars these days.

And last, but certainly not least, he was trying on Abby's dress up clogs. With heels.
This was definitely brought on by Abby's encouragement, but he wasn't fighting it much.
Priceless. (And I apologize in advance for the ridicule that this may bring you some day)

 This one was maybe the best. It was naptime and he was super tired. As I'm getting ready to take him upstairs, he decides to crawl between the couch and the ottoman.  
Oops, there's a pillow there, I'll have to go around -zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
He. Was. Out.

I had no idea that things like this would warm my heart in the way that they do, 
but here I sit, writing a blog post about it.
I love you, Jax!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment