As much as I have always thought that the Quad Cities has to do, it wasn't until Jax was born that I truly sought out new places and experiences. I don't know if it was because I worked so much or because I loved doing the same things again and again, but if you have kiddos and live in the QC, take advantage of all of the fun around town.
We recently met up with my friend Anna and her two girls to check out the new
Children's Garden at the Botanical Center. It is AMAZING.
It's huge and has a greenhouse, splashzone, fields and fields of crops and flowers, an interactive river, sandboxes, pinwheels, huge lifesize games like connect four and a picnic area.
The only downside of this trip is that I didn't know it had any water,
much less a huge interactive area. The result of this with a very active toddler?
I had to take the soaking wet boy to the car, strip him down, change his diaper and dry him off with a hoodie I had in my trunk. Then, we drove home with him, asleep, wearing only a diaper.
What. A. Mess.
What. A. Mess.
But, it was definitely worth it, seeing how much fun both Abby & Jax had there.
Here are a couple of more photos of this awesome experience-
Last, but certainly not least, DECK TIME!
(which to the kiddos means playing with the sand and water table)
I don't know if you can see how absolutely covered Jackson is, but it was ridiculous.
Let's just say that after playtime was over, they had a bath... and our tub looked like Daytona Beach.
Abby, serving up a mud sand ice cream. Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment