I cannot believe that the time for Jackson to start preschool has already come and gone.
We had read some books about it and he was pretty excited about meeting new friends and his teachers. We took him in a week prior to the first day to get him acclimated to his classroom and we thought things were going well. Matt and I both went to drop him off the first day and they allowed parents to stay up to thirty minutes to ensure a seamless transition. We left and he said "See you later, Mommy! Bye Daddy!" with kisses and waves as he played with some trucks and trains. I couldn't believe that he was taking to preschool so easily, but was hugely relieved in a way. I, however, was a basket case the entire way home. When we went to pick him up, however, we found out that he had been crying for the last hour of preschool, thinking that Mommy and Daddy weren't coming back. From here, we had quite a struggle of not having him cry when he would get out of bed on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and dropping him off was kind of a nightmare - he would hold on to my leg and say "please don't leave me." Talk about heart breaking!!
I read online that if daddy took him to preschool it may work a little bit better with the whole tears thing. The first day? Not much better, but after that, he did pretty well. The funny thing is that there is another little boy in his class who cried for his mommy too, and he became Jackson's first preschool friend. Now, four months later, he has a girlfriend (so adorable) and loves his teachers.
I love that he wants to be a train. :)
We had read some books about it and he was pretty excited about meeting new friends and his teachers. We took him in a week prior to the first day to get him acclimated to his classroom and we thought things were going well. Matt and I both went to drop him off the first day and they allowed parents to stay up to thirty minutes to ensure a seamless transition. We left and he said "See you later, Mommy! Bye Daddy!" with kisses and waves as he played with some trucks and trains. I couldn't believe that he was taking to preschool so easily, but was hugely relieved in a way. I, however, was a basket case the entire way home. When we went to pick him up, however, we found out that he had been crying for the last hour of preschool, thinking that Mommy and Daddy weren't coming back. From here, we had quite a struggle of not having him cry when he would get out of bed on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and dropping him off was kind of a nightmare - he would hold on to my leg and say "please don't leave me." Talk about heart breaking!!
I read online that if daddy took him to preschool it may work a little bit better with the whole tears thing. The first day? Not much better, but after that, he did pretty well. The funny thing is that there is another little boy in his class who cried for his mommy too, and he became Jackson's first preschool friend. Now, four months later, he has a girlfriend (so adorable) and loves his teachers.
I love that he wants to be a train. :)
Ms. Abby started second grade and still wants to be a teacher (an art teacher to be exact).
She played flag football this year and is excited to start dance lessons/ gymnastics in the spring time. She loves school, especially art and gym, but doesn't get too excited about math. Stop growing up so quickly, you two!!
Below is a picture of Jackson and I on his first day of school and another one of his face up close following his second day of school. It was about ten minutes before I would leave the house to go and pick him up and my phone rang. I saw the number of the preschool come up and my heart started racing. "Mrs. Bishop? This is Mrs. Gritton at preschool. Jackson has been in an accident and I wanted to let you know before you picked him up because his face looks pretty bad." Uh, what?
She went on to say that he was playing trucks in the play room with some kids and they were running fast and Jax fell, face planting on the floor. Rug burn for days (weeks, to be exact). The poor kiddo's face scabbed over and it was pretty gnarly looking for the first week or so. He had completely forgotten about it at one point and when we went in to brush his teeth, he saw himself and started crying, not understanding why he looked the way he did.
We love to do scavenger hunts with the kiddos and we did an outdoor hunt / hike around the neighborhood where we found leaves, sticks, rocks, a four leaf clover (props to Abby for finding this in the grass!!), vines, evergreens, you name it. We had a lot of fun and the kids were so excited when they found the (fill in the blank) that we were looking for.
Last but not least are a few pics of Jackson being silly. He LOVES trying on glasses as much as he does trying on shoes, and he takes my sets out (I have no idea how he can see out of them, I'm blind as a bat) and walks around saying "I'm a Jackson Mommy." Priceless.
Stay tuned for October!!





No comments:
Post a Comment