Stat Counter

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Date night in Chicago

Matt and I have spent little time away from Jax since he was born, so we were elated with Grandma and Grandpa volunteered to watch him overnight for us so that we could go to Chicago.  Jon McLaughlin is hands down my favorite musical performer in history and when we got word that he was playing only three hours from us, we immediately bought the tickets.  
Matt and I were excited to have a child free 24 hours and we crammed as much in as possible.  Dinner and show when we got into town and some shopping at the Chicago Fashion Outlet in the morning.
We knew we would see an amazing show, but we had no idea how phenomenal the venue would be.  City Winery is AHH-MAZING.  The venue is intimate and you can order tapas (including desserts) during the entire show.  We sat at a table with two girls who had flown in from Texas for the concert and enjoyed a TON of delicious dishes as we watched Mark Scibilia (also awesome) and Jon perform.  By far the best live show that I've seen, which is a bold statement since I got to watch three years of concerts while working as an Event Coordinator at the i-wireless center.
Any time that Jon is back in Chicago, I'm there... anyone want to come along?  I promise, you won't regret it.




No comments:

Post a Comment