Stat Counter

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Papa's Birthday Celebration

I have never been good at planning surprises...ever, so when Jeff and I started discussing a visit from Georgia with us as a surprise gift to my dad for his birthday I hoped that a slip of the tongue wouldn't blow it.  Fast forward to the day we were going to lunch to celebrate Dad's birthday.
Jeff arrived on time from the airport, Papa was en route and when I went to get the door, Jax and Jeff went to hide behind the couch in the back room.  I told Papa that Jackson had a surprise for him and you can't imagine his surprise when he saw Jeff pop up.  He got tears in his eyes, and just kept saying "This is the shock if the century."  We had a wonderful five days and were all sad to see him go.  I have no idea how we top this for next year's birthday, but dad did say numerous times that it was the best birthday gift he had ever received.  Love it!

We went to Bishop Hill the next day, where they were having their fall festival.
We got to take our annual family photo there (see below) and then had lunch in the picnic where they had vendors, flea market items, apple cider slushies (I still think about these) and lots of amazing pumpkins and Halloween type produce.

 Jax even got to make a rope (picture on far right) which was pretty amazing.  

We went mall walking with Papa one day (Jax tried on multiple pairs of shoes at the shoe outlet), played a handmade board game that we have had in the family for years, had a picnic and as you can see, got in a fair share of relaxing.
 We also went to Whiteys to get in Jeff's ice cream fix.  We LOVED having Jeff stay with us and hope he comes back again to visit soon.  Love you, Jeff!!


No comments:

Post a Comment