Stat Counter

Friday, December 9, 2016

A summary of our fun times in October


October was by far the busiest month for Moxie Design - I had taken off my birthday weekend and beyond that, had a 50+ day of working non stop with zero days off.  That being said, it is nice that the only times that I HAVE to work are during my session hours as editing can be done whenever since I do it at home.  So when I got a call that my friend Ang was going to be in town for a conference, we knew that we wanted her to stay with us.  We met over a decade ago when we were both attending a conference for arena managers and have always kept in touch.  We have even gone on vacation together (long before Jax came along) but kind of lost touch over the last few years.  It was so great to see her and catch up and Jax absolutely fell in love.
We miss you, Ang and are ready for your return visit!!

For my birthday, we went to the Amana Colonies and had such good weather!
We have gone before on the weekend of my birthday and we remembered being bundled up in winter coats, scarves and hats.  We had a day of nearly 80 degree weather and enjoyed some shopping and a great meal.  Papa was waiting for us as we were taking a photo of Jackson and I turned around, and he looked like a high school senior in a perfect photo taking pose.  
I had to capture this and he willingly obliged.   We came home to cake and ice cream and presents.  It was a wonderful day where we created some great memories.



Closet makeover #1
We have started really digging into some home renovation projects and I have to take a minute to brag on Matt and his handyman skills.  I don't know how or when he learned to do all of our repair/update/fixit projects, but he does almost 100% of them by himself.  Thanks, my love, for helping our house become our forever home.
Our first closet makeover was in our foyer.  We had everything stacked on top of each other on the top shelf, coats were so tight that you could barely get them out and the floor in there?  Awful.
Add a day of Matt to the mix and Voila!! A new foyer closet!
Thanks, hubby!! 
So I have always loved when Jax does things that are so adorable they leave me having a mommy speechless moment and every day that he grows older, he has more hilarious antics.
Below are how I captured a few and had to share.
#1 - As I am cleaning my props in the studio, he comes over with a hat looking like he is ready for a safari.
#2 - He lined up a bunch of things on the sink and then went "fishing" for them.  Papa would be so proud!
#3 - Wearing his safety goggles everywhere, even when eating
#4 - Taking all of the spice tops off of the brand new spice rack jars that I had just purchased.
(Okay, this one wasn't so cute at the time, and I still don't know if I have everything labeled correctly).  Give me a pass if I bring a dish to a get together and something seems off :)
#5 - I came in to get Jax after his quiet time and found this.
When I asked what he was doing, he told me that he was playing pretend preschool. So adorable.
#6 Okay, this is just a cute photo of him during our weekly donut date
#7 - When he was sick, each one of his care bears had to have a popscicle to help get their fevers down too
#8 - Another pretend preschool, only this time, Abby is the teacher!!
 
 Rounding out our October, since Matt or I spent every single day for nearly three months with Max, I had to put in a few shots of him and I that we took during some downtime on a shoot.  
Happy belated October, everyone!
xoxo,
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment