Stat Counter

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Our summer trip to Wisconsin Dells

As I'm sure most of you know, Wisconsin Dells was one place that my parents used to take us every year during the summer.  Some times it was on the way to or from Minnesota, but each and every year, this is one time that I would be excited for many months in advance.  I would order the Convention and Visitors guide book and go through it each year, making notes on what everyone wanted to do and see and although it has changed quite a bit since then, we are carrying on the tradition with our family.  This year, we waited until late August to visit and it was a huge benefit because most families were at home getting ready for school to start which meant no lines and a bit cooler temperature.  We started off by visiting the train depot (which after all of these years I had never visited).  It was a great experience and I would definitely urge anyone with kiddos that are train obsessed to visit.  

Next up was the Robot World and Science Museum (yet another place I had never been, which is odd because it has been there longer than I've been alive).  It was surprisingly a lot of fun and the kiddos got a kick out of the interactive displays and games.  

We each chose a "grab bag" and if I remember correctly, they were all keychains!  Jax and Abby thought this was pretty cool - kind of like Christmas since they got to open their packages.  

We spent lots of time in the water, splashing around...

As well as lots of time in arcades and at Buffalo Phils.  Speaking of Buffalo Phils, it is the coolest place if you have little ones.  They have a restaurant that has a train that brings your kiddo's drinks, food and drives by with funny things on it, such as Elmo, who blows bubbles at you while you are waiting for your order to arrive!  Connected to the restaurant is the hugest gaming plaza with indoor go karts, a jumpy palace, games, rides, bowling, you name it.  We came here twice during our four days and both Abby and Jax have asked a million times when we can go back.  

 
We went on a Duck boat ride and Abby got to drive!  She was super excited and then sat up front with the captain for the remainder of the trip.


We took some cutesy family pics (thank you self timer)

And some silly selfies...
 Matt and I have this tradition of always getting matching Tshirts wherever we visit and then we keep them to eventually make a quilt out of.  Since we were at the end of the season, we couldn't find any matching Ts, except for these sweet T's that say France on them.  Kind of hilarious, right? 
We will be back to see you again this year, Wisconsin Dells!  Can't wait!
xoxo,
Karen




No comments:

Post a Comment