Stat Counter

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A little behind on the times... July 4th in review

This year, work has really blown up for me.  It is a great problem to have, but that means that I have to focus my time and energy on (gasp) other people's photos - which means that our family's images get put to the back burner.  I thought that I would have a chance to catch up, but things just kept booking and since I'm still trying to grow the business, I found it hard to turn people away.
That being said, I am now, officially on vacation until March.  I have a few editorial shoots in between now and then, but for the most part, I get to spend time with Jax, work on home projects and get our 2016 scrapbook and video a day DVDs put together.

Below are some images from our 4th of July festivities from the summer.
We had a great time at the parade with Grandma and Grandpa and then went to celebrate in Bettendorf with free ice cream, a petting zoo and a train ride.  It doesn't get much better than that!



 We got to celebrate Cal's birthday at his party and Jax had a blast playing with his cousins.  

And we went to see fireworks...
No, this isn't a mistake, we are all wearing winter coats and are covered in blankets as it was in the 40s that night (HELLO Mother Nature - what in the world is happening right here?)
Looking back, it was such a fun weekend and we are looking forward to next years festivities and keeping our fingers crossed that it will be warmer!
xoxo,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment